Thursday, June 17, 2010

El Porton, please

There are a lot of things I love about coming home.
Obviously, getting to see family and friends is at the top of that list but there are some other things I really love about coming home.

El Porton is one of them.
 I've spent some time at this place in my lifetime, buddy.
We pretty much go here any chance we get.When we have supper plans together we don't even have to say where we'll meet. We just know. 
Maybe we went three times while I was home.
Maybe I ate the same exact thing all three times.

Don't you judge me.
El Porton has the best white cheesedip, salsa, surf and turf, and raspberry margaritas. Ever.
They also have the best waiter, Luis.
He takes us every time we go in. Lunch or dinner-rain or shine...Luis is there.
And he always gives me a big hug and asks how my husband is. I ask about his sweet little wife.
Then, he knows we want cheesedip so he doesn't even ask anymore. He just brings it. It's awesome.

I have an insane number of pictures from inside El Porton over the years.
Here are just a few.
But I have even more memories of cheesdip, margaritas, and good friends.

 Yeah I've pretty much been on a roll here in Little Rock, as Collin Raye once said. Tomorrow morning I'm heading back to the ATL to get back to my good man. His birthday is Saturday and our Anniversary is Monday so we have a lot of fun things coming up! Goodnight!



No comments:

Post a Comment