Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Dryer Drama

Alright kids. 
You know how that shelf above your washer and dryer is filled with junk things you only use once and awhile? You know how you have clothespins, downy balls, and random cleaning supplies just hanging out?
Open your ears and hear me now: go organize that shelf now. 

Please.

Let my lack of organizational skills be a warning to YOU.

This morning I decided to mop the kitchen floor. I went to that dreaded shelf  and grabbed the bucket. 
Should be simple enough, but my bucket was filled with random junk.
I just casually set the junk on top of the dryer so I could easily put it back in the bucket later.

(Don't you judge me. We are all friends here.)

I mop the floor and decide to move the clothes from the washer into the dryer.

(Do you see where this might be going yet?)

I pull out the lint trap to clean it off and bumped that little pile of random junk from the bucket.

I think to myself, "Wow. That could have been bad if something had fallen down the lint trap. I should really organize this. Tomorrow."

I turn the dryer on and hear the most horrible clanging/screeching sound I have ever heard in my life.

Crap.

I think to myself, "Did something really fall down there?"  "No. Way. Can that even happen?"

I turn the dryer off.

I pull out the in lint screen. I don't see anything.
I turn the dryer back on... just to see if the noise is still there.

Oh, buddy is it still there.

The next hour was spent with me being all handy-man like.
First, I had to take this door off the track so I could get the dryer out of the closet.

Then,  had to move that dang dryer (by myself since the good man was gone) into the hallway.

Then, I had to break into my good man's tools. SHHH.

Then, I took off the back panel and took a ton of pictures so I would know how to get it back on.
That's smart thinking right there.

Then I unscrewed that lint trap cover in the back.

Just look at the pesky little piece of junk that caused all of this in the first place.
Yep. A clothespin. 

Then, it took me about an hour to get the dryer back together, back in the closet, attatched to the wall and to get the door back in the track.
Then I looked at the shelf and shook my head. How did I let it get this bad?

For accountability and self motivation I will show you what my junk shelf looked like before.

I will clean it tonight and vow to never let it get this way again. Mainly because who wants to spend two hours taking apart a dryer?

No comments:

Post a Comment