Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Epic FAIL

So I called my dad. I called my mom. I called my grandparents. I bragged to people at work. I took pictures. Our kitchen looked amazing. A fun shade of RED that really jazzed up the room and looked so much better than the pink, blue, and beige wallpaper (circa 1986).

We worked all week. We got to talk and actually hang out while we painted the kitchen. We laughed and crossed our fingers that it would turn red. We went to Cracker Barrel to celebrate. Then it happened. We peeled off of the blue tape to find this...

and I had to do this...




Yes. Our beautiful red peeled right off. Didn't know whether to laugh or cry.This time around, we have the right primer and are ready to go. We primed it last night and plan on putting the hot pink red paint on tonight.
Wish us luck!




1 comment:

  1. Bless your heart! Did you read about our nursery furniture fiasco on my blog? I completely understand the feeling of not knowing whether to laugh or cry. Good luck with repainting!

    ReplyDelete