Sunday, August 26, 2012

23 Week Update


Pregnancy Highlights
August 26, 2012
How Far Along: 23 Weeks and some days.




Size of baby: Baby B. is about the size of a grapefruit (according the The Bump).

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I  don't really know. Enough. 

Maternity Clothes: Still loving them. I also like that I can still wear a lot of my normal dresses.

Gender: A boy!

Movement: The good man finally felt him! He got to feel a good jab, too. The little guy has been moving a lot. He was pretty wiggly during church this morning and a concert at the Summer Shade Festival tonight. 

Sleep: Pregnancy wise, sleep has been great! My Firsties and I had a pretty gross cold last week that made it hard though. 

What I miss: Coffee in the mornings while I get ready for work and a mug in my hand while I stand at my door greeting my kiddos. Decaf and water just aren't the same. 

Cravings: I can't think of any. 

Symptoms: Occasional back pain and my stomach aches a little bit after a long day of walking. 

Best Moment this Week: A lot of things went well this week. The 23 week checkup was fun. The little guy's heartbeat was strong and was music to my ears. We cleaned out the guest room and it is slowing beginning to look like a baby's room. Kind of. Oh, and we found a crib! We found a beautiful one (in great condition) from Craigslist and the people live right in our neighborhood. We will pick it up later this week. 

23 Weeks. 

This has nothing to do with Baby Borin...but I just came across it and it made me smile.  This is from a camping trip at the beginning of the summer. 

3 comments:

  1. You look great! So glad things are going well with your pregnancy. You and all our other pregnant friends are in my prayers.

    RE: Coffee...I will just say I successfully avoided caffeine - including my beloved cup of morning joe - during my first trimester...and then I slowly added it back. And I'd say Avery is a pretty normal baby, despite my daily cup of coffee! TO each her own though...I totally get not wanting to drink it. I just didn't have enough willpower ;-)

    LOVE the picture of Rooster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute with your baby belly! I am glad that everything is going well! It was good to see you on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're not weighing yourself, don't. I didn't and gained about 40 pounds but now only have 15 to lose (and probably won't until I stop breastfeeding). None of it matters, it is weight for a purpose so don't worry about it. Always find joy in your bump! :)

    ReplyDelete