So I have a fellow teacher friend who teaches first grade and hatched chickens with her class last year. She ended up keeping one hen and one rooster. This friend lives a few houses down from me, right smack in the middle of the city. Now we all know that roosters crow. Roosters that crow in the city aren't really appreciated by their owners or their neighbors. About a month ago, this friend and I were standing out at Recess Duty talking about these chickens. She was telling me that she needed to get rid of the rooster and I kind of laughed about taking him home to my dadio's house in the country when I came home for Christmas. She laughed. I laughed. Oh, the thought of driving a chicken all the way from GA to AR. Hah! About a week ago, she asked me if I really could take him home. I told my dad and he was instantly excited. He even gave the rooster a new name...Mr. Majestic. So, last Saturday I brought Mr. Majestic home. In a box. In my car. Crowing. The. whole. time. I also had our two guinea pigs, a car full of luggage and Seth's brother. I prayed the entire way I wouldn't get pulled over and end up on Cops. We made it just fine and when Mr. Majestic quits beating up on the other roosters, he will fit right in.
That story cracks me up! I can only imagine what that car ride was like. I am glad you are getting to spend time with your family. If we weren't leaving Little Rock tomorrow--I would try to get together for lunch or something. Darn! Merry Christmas!!!
ReplyDelete