Hey guys!
So on Thursday, I finally got to tell you about the vouchers and helping out N's family. On Friday, Seth and a friend from church (Matt) delivered all of the beds. It worked out so well because Matt got the number of a neighbor over there who is in need of some clothes and things like that for her kids. He hasn't used his voucher yet so it is kinda neat that it worked out where he could go with Seth.
After I got off work, we went back over there to drop off the sheets and blankets. Those kids swarmed us at the door and- after we peeled them off of us- helped us carry in all of the bags. I will never forget as long as I live those little girls ripping into the bags and helping us put on the sheets. :) Mom was so excited about her new bed as well- no more air mattress for her! It was such a wonderful day. We had money left over to go to Kroger and buy a turkey, rolls, cranberry sauce, green beans, corn, and cornbread stuffing so they can have a Thanksgiving dinner. I tell you what, God is good!
On a different note. 1 day until Thanksgiving Break. Can I make it? I don't really have a choice but those kids are acting crazy. I just stopped and looked at them for a minute today and just wanted to say, "Who are you crazy kids and what have you done with my class?" Oh, the path I have chosen.
Hey! I gave you an award on my blog. (c:
ReplyDelete