Saturday, July 11, 2009

Wow... bad start.




Wow. I am off to a terrible start to the blogging world. A lot has happened since June 23, or whenever I did that first post. We moved and then left for NY three days later. I haven't really had the internet until now so I guess I have a good excuse. And now. Drum roll please. Let me fill you in.

First, we moved into a sweet house... an old house with a lot of "character". Now when I say old, I'm talking built in 1909 old. It's a duplex and we are on the bottom basement level. We have a great porch with a swing and a lot of room for flowers and hanging out. We just got a grill yesterday (thanks to my dear ol' man's parents) and have really enjoyed having people over. Along with the character of this house, have been a bunch of other surprises. You know, fun surprises like an air conditioner that leaked water all along a wall in our kitchen, living for two days without hot water, a leaky dishwasher, having a heck of a time getting internet because our front door is behind the house (and this confuses Comcast?) and... a little bit of a bug problem. Yeah, I'm not proud to admit it but we did have some "waterbugs, " as would rather call them. I think we are over that problem. Maybe.

Then,right after we moved we flew up to New York to spend some time with Seth's parents. They have a really nice house up in Binghamton which is super close to a bunch of fun things. I tried twice to witness my first lacrosse game (Seth's little brother plays) but both times it got cool and started to rain and my interest kind of faded. One day we all drove over to Niagara Falls which is about four hours from their house. We spent the day at the park taking a bunch of pictures just like tourists, looking at the waterfalls and taking the Maid of the Mist Tour. I have been there once before about nine years ago when my Youth Group took a mission trip up to NY and was pretty excited to go back. This time, we did a lot more looking around at these crazy impressive waterfalls. We spent the 4th at their house eating on a Low Country Boil. Now, if you have never had one of these... you are missing out buddy! Crab legs, shrimp, corn on the cob, a Zataran's crab boil bag and you got yourself a meal. I ate this sitting outside in front of a fire with a jacket on. Yes. A jacket. On July 4th. Is something wrong with that picture?

On Monday, Seth and I rode a Greyhound to the Big City. We wandered around the streets (and I of course took about a zillion pictures), made our way on the Subway and ate some so-so food. One thing I really wanted to do was go back to the World Trade Center. Back on that mission trip I was talking about before, we went inside the WTC and took the tour. It was an un-real feeling to watch the 9-11 events happening less than a year after I had been in there. Anyway, we rode the subway downtown to the site. It has a construction wall around it now, but you can kind of peek in the corner and see this massive hole in the ground where they once stood. We spent the rest of the day eating a hot dog in Central Park, walking through Times Square, having a drink in Soho and a quick stop in Sephora for me. It ended up being a pretty fun day!

So that gives a you a little taste of these past few weeks. Now, we are back in the ATL still trying to get unpacked and settled in our new house. We are watching a friend's dog for the weekend and I have found it to be much more fun to play with him...instead of unpacking, I mean. There are some pictures from the trip at the top. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment