
Last night, my dear friend G.W. passed away. I talked about him on here earlier in the week and how he knew he had much greater things ahead. We all knew that. I know that he is in such a better place. A place where his pain is long gone. A place he lived his whole life waiting for. I know all that but am still sad today. I can't even begin to tell how wonderful this man was. I can't even begin to tell you how special he was to me. How he was worried sick about me getting married and moving to Atlanta even though he was so sick with cancer. How he sent me a card almost every week to encourage me. How we didn't know if he could make it to the wedding because of his illness. How he surprised me and showed up and came back there right after I got ready. How he gave me a hug and told me he wouldn't miss it. How I framed this picture and sent it to him and he kept it in his living room. How he gave me a hug every single Sunday at church and how that became "our thing." How the last time I was able to sit by him in church he sang When We All Get to Heaven with such passion it made me stop and think about my own life. How I know he meant every word of that song with all of his heart. How every time I complained about anything he would say, "Well...the Lord said he'd take care of you." The next few days are going to be hard for everyone who knew this man. He has no idea how many lives he touched. I know he sure touched mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment