Monday, June 11, 2012

Why I Was Pressing the Shady Button.

This poor little blog has really been neglected. I have been a shady lady for sure. I haven't really had anything to post about. Sure- I could have told you about the good man and how his leg is healing. I could have told you about Rooster. I could have filled you in on a fun Wedding Shower for my brother in law and having company. I could have told you about this amazing Cuban food place we've found and how I might be addicted to plantains. I could have even told you about the last day of school and how my summer is off to a a great start. The thing is...whenever I sat down and tried to post about something like that (and I DID try)...all I really wanted to do was spill the beans about what was REALLY going on in our lives. In an effort to sound "cool and collected" I ended up sounding boring and I didn't even want to read what I wrote!

Since the news became official on Facebook I suppose it is safe to put it here as well...we are having a baby! Even as I write that my heart pounds and a part of me is nervous to put it out there. I was 12 weeks last week and we saw a perfectly little healthy bouncy, flipping, wiggling Baby Borin on Thursday.

I've been even shadier and decided to write posts about this experience and the emotions that have come with it -but didn't post them. How very sneaky of me! Actually, after the first one I was terrified that I would accidentally hit "post" so I just started writing them in a word document. Haha! I wrote the first one about a week and a half after we found out so it is a bit of a long blabbering mess. If you're anything like me though, I love hearing all of the behind the scenes details of how people find out they are having a baby and how they tell their other half. Being nosy is pretty much the whole reason I ended up starting this blog anyway...so I'll be happy to share.  Let's go back in time to April 25, 2012.


4-25-12
Well...it appears that we are having a baby. Even as I type that it doesn't seem "real." Considering all we've been through it might not seem real until the little one is in my arms. :) I've been grinning to myself every time I tell the story of the good man's accident...not because he got hurt of course...but because of everything that was going on behind the scenes. I found out I was pregnant the day he was admitted to the hospital. I had a feeling that I might be and even though it was a little too early to probably test I couldn't wait anymore. (For the record, I did waste a test about four days before that which was WAY too early but I had to see what would happen). I came home early that morning to get coffee, something to eat and to take a nap (from being in the ER all night) and took the test right away. I watched it kind of "swoosh over" and there was only one line. I remember thinking, "Wow. I kinda thought it would be positive." I went about changing clothes and remembered that the test was in there and that I needed to throw it away since it had been three minutes now. I was so surprised to see that a very faint line had appeared! I was excited- but honestly, I was just as cautious- about it. I decided not to call Seth but to just tell him in a few hours when I went up there to see him. I talked to my mother in law about 20 minutes after to update her on the hospital stuff and my heart was about to burst out of my chest! I skipped the coffee, took a shower, watched some Golden Girls and tried to take a nap. Later that morning I finally headed up to the hospital. I walked in and made small talk about what I did at home. "Yeah, I updated everybody about you being in the hospital. I tried to get some sleep. I got some food. Oh...guess what else I got? A faint line on a pregnancy test!" He grinned and we laughed at how we had barely even decided we would try for a baby. I'm talking like three weeks ago decided we would see what happens! Later that day I talked to my friend Karen and she told me that she was pregnant! My heart was literally beating out of my chest! I took another test Saturday morning and it the line was much darker which made me think it could possibly be true. On Monday I was putting the Homework Packets together during my planning period when it hit me..."OH! I probably need to call Dr. Perry." I called the office and the receptionist (who I LOVE!) said they could see me that afternoon! I couldn't believe it. I was so nervous all day and I was beet red when I showed up at the office. It all seemed so familiar and not really in a good way. It brought back a lot of memories and made me hesitant to get my hopes up. The sweet nurse gave me the same speech she did last time (on that first ultrasound where we couldn't find a heartbeat): "Let's not worry until we have a reason to." Anyway, after an official doctor's office pregnancy test (haha) they confirmed it...I was pregnant. He calculated that I was 4 weeks and 4 days and said to come back in a few weeks. Currently, Seth and I are dying! My mom called last night to check on us and I sounded so stinking boring. "Yep, everything is fine. Yeah, school is fine. Yeah, not really anything to report. Talk to you later." Sorry, mom! I've been sick as a dog but not really anything pregnancy related...aside from the fact that I can’t take any medicine. I have a horrible cough so I've been gargling salt water like a mad woman. Haven't really been getting great rest at night (due to the hacking) and today I was riding the quease train and had the coughing but I'm surviving. Tomorrow I will be 6 weeks so I only have two more weeks until we go back to the doctor. It is so hard to wait but I'm trying to keep my mind at ease and find some balance of excitement but keeping it in check. Does that make sense? May 10th can't get here soon enough! (Just like everybody who does this...I hope it doesn't accidentally post.) 

So there you have it. We are going to have a baby. Our due date is December 20 and we are really excited. And cautious. And nervous. And a little scared. All things that are perfectly normal I suppose. I have quite a few more "secret posts" that I'll post soon. 

3 comments:

  1. YAY!!! SO HAPPY for you guys!! This is just awesome and so fun to read! I love being part of your story even though I had no clue that I was at the time! :) Love ya, friend and excited for the next few weeks. Feeling him/her move is the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOO excited for you!!! Love reading your shady story. I remember those early scary days...and no, they don't really go away until you have the baby in your arms! And THEN that's a whole new set of wonderful worries.

    You're in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for yall! Love reading all the early post! I have been thinking about yall and praying for ya! Really excited that everything is going well and that BAby Borin has a STRONG heartbeat. I can't wait to hear more. You are such a great blogger!!

    ReplyDelete