Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Here are the rest of the "secret posts." Let's step back in time, shall we?


4-26-12
Today I am officially 6 weeks. Maybe I felt a little queasy today but I’m honestly still coughing so who knows? Today was a day at work, let me tell you. I had a meeting where I got very emotional. I basically cried like an idiot. Sigh. I wanted to tell them so bad why I couldn’t get the emotions in check but it is still our little secret right now. I got a hug and a “I know you have a lot going on right now.” I just thought…”YEP! You have no idea.”
J  School is just so stinking stressful when you only have 18 days left. The kids are crazy and the teachers feel like they are going crazy. I’ve had two different people say something about wanting to come over to my porch and drink some wine. Pretty sure I just giggled nervously. Haha!
Update: I threw up tonight for the first time. I was coughing in the kitchen and it hit me out of nowhere. Could just be from the coughing though?

5-1-12
It is an interesting thing to find yourself hungry and nauseous at the same time. I’m sort of getting used to it though. Thankfully that cough is GONE! I have officially thrown up 6 times (but who’s counting, right?) and this morning was the worst. I woke up pretty queasy, was putting my makeup on and then BAM! Either way, it is all worth it for the little one. I am actually thankful to be sick. Hopefully it means she or he is growing in there happy and healthy and getting the things they need. I can’t wait until this appointment next week! So far, Seth and I and my good friend at work are the only people that know. It is good to have someone at work who knows just in case something comes up (ahem….throwing up). Seth’s mom comes tomorrow so we are going to tell her (I don’t think we could hide it even if we wanted to what with my recent queasiness and all). I guess I need to think of something to post over in real-time now. Haha!

5-18
Things are great! I’m 9 weeks and 2 days and actually feeling a little bit better. We went last Thursday and heard the heartbeat. I was so happy and relieved that I couldn’t really do anything…I couldn’t cry and I couldn’t talk…I could really only look at the screen. The heartbeat was strong and it was the most amazing little thing to see. Since I last updated you I have completely lost count of how many times I’ve thrown up. Pretty much everyday since then…so you can do the math. I never really felt terrible all during the day but nauseous on and off and pretty much accepted the fact that I would get sick at some point during the day. Sometimes (most times) it was in the morning, sometimes at school before lunch and sometimes at home. I didn’t get sick at all on Monday or Tuesday of this week but it came back Wednesday. The main thing I’ve noticed lately is that I am so completely exhausted. Poor Seth. Our house is a mess and I don’t remember (honestly, I don’t) the last time I cooked for him. He’s had to do dishes, fix my lunch in the morning (with OUT asking me what I want for the “L word” as I ride the quease train) and he thankfully made a big pot of chili to eat on for the week. It doesn’t hit me right away when I get home. If I’m lucky I have about an hour to eat and hang out before I literally can’t keep my eyes open anymore. It has become my new normal to take a long snooze on the couch and wake up to be in bed about 9:15. I’m so ready for school to be out! My girls have been so sweet…they don’t “know” but I think they “know.” Crazy, I know but they realize I’m not myself. They’ve been all about giving me back rubs and I’ve been all about it. It was so much fun to tell Seth’s mom and my grandparents in person since they were here. It was just as much fun to call my mom, dad, Jennifer and the siblings.  I know we have a lot of people out there praying for us and I do appreciate it. It still doesn’t seem real and a part of me is sort of hesitant to believe it too much yet. I wish I could have an ultrasound every week to check on the little one. :) I’m calling this week to make the first appointment with the OBGYN which is exciting and that will probably make it more real!

6-1
Wednesday was our first OB appointment! I was on the fence about which hospital to go to and which doctor to see but I could not have been happier on Wednesday! Seth and I both left feeling cared for, more excited, and like we had made a good decision. We actually go back on Thursday for the 12 week ultrasound. I am so ready for that! I’m excited to see the little one and get confirmation that he or she is okay and healthy. I am still almost afraid to get too excited…which I hate. I feel bad about it but I figure it is better to put it say it outloud, realize it is ridiculous, and move on.
The estimated due date is December 20 and my doctor said she always works Christmas. Yeah! I’m feeling much better! Still tired and I still get sick occasionally but I’m not queasy all day anymore. Sleeping is kinda hard right now. I wake up at least twice to go to the bathroom and I usually have a hard time going back to sleep…it is 6:45 AM now. Haha! My back has been a little sore too. No complaints…just documenting. :)


So there you have it. Now you are all updated. We had another ultrasound last week where we saw the little thing flipping over and wiggling all around. It was pretty amazing! We'll be 13 weeks tomorrow and I'm starting to get a little bump so it is starting to feel a little more "real." :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! SOOOOO excited for you! I was really hoping that this was what the post was about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you guys! Now that it's official, it'll feel more real and then you'll feel him/her in there and it'll be awesome! Get excited - you'll be 20 weeks before you know it! :)
    Love ya, friend!

    ReplyDelete