Saturday, April 21, 2012

Easter, Rooster, and the Emergency Room

I don't have any Yard Sale treasures to report but I do want to tell you about our Easter. Our day started out normal enough with church and then coming home to help Rooster celebrate his first year of life.  He was just as hyper as ever and enjoyed his day. I decided to be a dork and make him some dog treats and he really liked them! 
(You can find the recipe here if you're interested. Check it out...they were a hit!)

(I'm not very good at taking pictures of food, apparently.)
I liked that I already had all of the ingredients.

As soon I as got the peanut butter down Rooster was in there in the way! I tried to sneak a picture of him hanging around and I caught him licking this lips. Haha!

He was excited!

They did look pretty good for dog treats, I think. He liked them a lot!

He doesn't look very happy here...but trust me..the dog has got it made.


The good man and I stayed in town for Easter this year and did our own thing. We decided we'd do a non-traditional Easter meal of salmon and spinach with a strawberry, jalapeno, and kiwi salsa on top. It was pretty good!

That night turned a little crazy when we ended up taking an ambulance ride to the ER due to a "laceration" on the good man's leg. He is fine but came home about 40 stitches richer. We just couldn't stay away from the ER and ended up going back that Wednesday due to an infection and the poor guy had to spend a day and a half in the hospital. We have great friends who sent a lot of prayers and nice emails (and a delicious dinner) our way and he is healing well! He should get the stitches out on Monday and know a little bit more about the part of skin that had some complications. 

Needless to say, these past two weeks have been busy! Ya'll know me...and you know I like to sleep. Never in my life had I been awake for 24 hours straight but I did it twice that week (due to the lovely ER). So now you know why we've been hanging in instead of digging for treasures. Maybe we'll be back to it next week. 

3 comments:

  1. I am glad it wasn't too serious, though 40 stitches is pretty big! I hope the skin heals well. I love that you made doggie treats. Our pup's birthday is in a month. I am trying to decide what to do...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I love that you made dog treats. Rilo's birthday is coming up and I seriously thought about buying her a little cake... but homemade is much better, and cheaper! :)
    So glad everything's okay with Seth's leg... poor guy! Hope there's not a huge scar, or if there is that it's awesome and makes him look tough! :) miss y'all! Let's talk soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Food looks yummy! I totally know what you mean about photos of food- mine generally just show of my messy kitchen!Rx

    http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete