Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hello, Fall Break.

One of the great perks of being a teacher in Hotlanta is the Fall Break.

Since I got a whole week of this wonderful Fall Break, I decided to take me a trip to The Rock.

First up, I went to church and lunch with my family on Sunday. An absolute MUST DO on a trip home. Sunday night I spent some time at my old stomping ground (The Tuckers) and realized that I've been out of the Youth Group for a long time but can close my eyes and not realize that I've gone to and graduated college (and Grad School) and gotten married and moved to Atlanta. Time flies!

Next up, was a trip to the Fair with Kara. 

There was a FREE Joe Diffie concert going on so we decided to check it out. I'm all about something free and I've always liked Joe Diffie. We were able to get pretty close up to the stage...
We were right up there in the action and all these old good songs (John Deere Green, Honky Tonk Attitude, Bigger Than the Beetles, Pickup Man, Prop Me Up, and Home) took me back. Fun times!

Next up was a day in the country with my Dadio. I'm kicking myself for not getting any pictures but I held cute baby chickens, shot a 12 gauge pump shotgun (impressive, I know!), drove the 4 wheeler, and gathered up all kinds of nature-ous things for my class. You know...things like gourds, buckeyes, turkey feathers and hickory nuts are important parts of teaching 1st graders. Seriously!

Next up was a trip to...wait for it... El Porton.



The rest of the time was spent catching up with my sister, momma and both sets of grand-parents.

I was able to squeeze in one more dinner date with my cousins. We went to a new Pizza Place that has a gluten free crust. I can't say it was as good as Maddio's but it wasn't bad.


So there you have it. The first part of my Fall Break. 
Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment