Thursday, August 5, 2010

School Days

So. For the past two years I have cried on the way home from the "Meet and Greet" at school. You know... that thing where parents and kids come and meet their teacher. This year, I just about cried but for a totally different reason. The tears would have been tears of J.O.Y.

I have 1st grade again this year but I have all girls. (I'm at a Charter School. Had K Boys my first year and 1st grade Co-Ed -which is rare at the school- last year). The girls I met today were the cutest little things I've ever seen. And their parents! Oh my goodness, the parents were so nice. And eager to help and excited about the year. And ALL of my volunteer slots are FULL!

I can now let out a major sigh of relief. I know there will be challenges and things that come up along the way, but as of right now...August 5, 2010...10:59 pm (past time for bed) I am pretty excited.

 Excuse me while I go back to 6th grade with a loud and obnoxious, "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS."

1 comment:

  1. You are so cute! good luck with this upcoming school year. :)

    ReplyDelete