Sunday, August 15, 2010

Confession Time

Let me start by saying that I realize I will get flamed big time by certain members of my family for this post. (You know who you are. Go ahead. I deserve it.)

Next, let me say that I have mostly always been a "country music" kinda girl.I still consider myself a country music kinda girl but I've run into a problem. I'm getting a little bit tired of hearing the same stuff over and over again.

Atlanta, no offense but your classic country station cannot hold a candle to the classic country station in Little Rock. It just can't. You play the same songs (that really aren't even "classic) over and over. The "new country" stations have gotten so "poppy" I don't really like you either. You've forced me to keep my radio on "scan."

Ever since I got the iPod Touch, I listen to Pandora constantly. I have it on whenever I can whether I'm cooking supper or brushing my teeth. Now, here is where my confession comes in.

This summer, as I worked on the bathroom, I had Pandora right there with me and I got sick and tired of my country stations. I decided right then and there to do a little throwback.

I have made two "questionable" stations and have listened to them a lot lately. The stations may or may not be centered around two "groups" who may or not be considered "boy bands" who may or may not have been popular from the mid 90's to early 2000's. Don't judge me. I can't help it. It's like a blast from the past. I know all the songs (and admit that they are "craptastic") and don't have to worry about hitting "like" and "dislike" to make the station.

Ahhhh that feels good to get it off my chest.

I'm going to bed now because I want it that way.



3 comments:

  1. There's nothing wrong with 90s music. But that last line was cheeeeEEEEEEEeeeeeessssy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I'm with you. Kaci. I may or may not own those albums as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl!! No shame in a little 90s-00s pop music once in a while!

    ReplyDelete