I searched for a good one all last summer. I went to 3 different Kroger stores. I hit up the Farmer's Market. But they just weren't the same. They were small and spongy.
Back in AR, the best watermelons come from the back of an old man's truck. Dadio knows it and picked me out a watermelon last week while I was home. The old man said *insert slow Southern accent here* "Now, that rain warshed away some a' the sweetness but it'll be good in a couple a' days."
So I waited. That watermelon called my name the whole way back to Atlanta. But I waited. I looked at that thing in my fridge everytime I opened it. But I waited. Last night, my wait was over. I cut into that fat, juicy, sweet watermelon from Hector, Arkansas. And. it. was. amazing.
Nobody else wanted any right then so I sprayed myself with some bug spray, went out to the porch with my salt shaker, and ate my AR watermelon right on my porch in Atlanta. All was right with the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment