Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Garrett

Most of ya'll know that I have a sister (Kelsey) and a brother (Garrett) back in Arkansas and I miss them pretty much like crazy. Garrett is in school at UCA and works at a drugstore that is not CVS on the side.
A few weeks ago we planned to do a video chat but kept missing each other. Take a look at the email he sent me explaining his shadiness.

Kaci, we never got together for the video chat. Maybe Wednesday. This what I've been up to though. 

Okay, so this week wasn't fun. This is a synopses of the process. 
 
I got my new coffee maker in the mail: this was a big help.



Work continued as usual, with the expected time consuming mishaps; this was on Thursday night.

 

          My bed remained made from Sunday until Thursday night, as I only slept on my living room floor in a pile  of opened notebooks, with energy drink cans as my pillows.







          NOTE FROM KACI: the cloud sheets and palm tree comforter are hand me downs from me and Kelsey and  in NO WAY reflect Garrett's preferences for bedding or lifestyle choices. Thanks.




I had two different strengths of coffee. I was drinking room temperature coffee as a normal beverage with dinner by Tuesday night. 

Wednesday night rolled around--by this point I had already turned in my 10 page Research Methods paper on Festenger's (1957) cognitive dissonance theory and finished my animation show for Writing for New Technologies.

All I had left was a 10 page Evolutionary Psychology research paper and 10 minute presentation, and my Creative Nonfiction portfolio. I wrote roughly 35 pages between Sunday and Wednesday night (featured above) for the latter class.
This is what I looked like just before I went to bed at 4:00 on Wednesday night.

The final portfolio for Nonfiction was about 150 pages.

With my neck beard in full swing, I decided to give myself a Lemmy.
                                      
But I ended up going with the always fashionable fu man chu.
                                                         
Thank goodness the week is over.
Not really a point to this email, I just wanted to explain my recent cranky/illusiveness.
My week is over, and now I don't have a concern in the world.







1 comment:

  1. Just realized that I wrote illusive instead of elusive and I crinkled my nose...

    ReplyDelete