Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Boys Will Be Boys

On Sunday, I was poking around the house being all domestic-like.
I realized that I hadn't seen my good man in a while. I looked in the office. No Seth. I looked in the kitchen. No Seth. I walked down the hall and saw him outside. He was looking all hot and sweaty like he had been working hard. I thought he might be helping the landlord put in new windows but he had a shovel. I sweetly asked what he was doing. He said all casual-like, "Just digging in the dirt." 
Ya'll know I teach first grade and I see my boys dig in the dirt every single day.
I am married to a man who likes to dig in the dirt for no apparent reason.
I have a Dadio who has done his fair share of dirt digging.
So. I came to this conclusion.
It doesn't matter if they are 6, 26, or 56...
boys like to dig in the dirt. That makes me laugh a little bit.

Here is my good man's dirt pile. 
He doesn't just dig though... he grows things.

Like peppers.
And he helps me pot plants that my kiddos give me during Teacher Appreciation Week.

And he buys huge bags of potting soil for his vegetable growing, dirt digging ways.
And he does look pretty dang cute when he's all hot and sweaty.
I guess boys will be boys. And thats okay with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment