Saturday, March 20, 2010

I'll Settle for a Slowdown

On Thursday, my sub plans were written, my chairs were stacked, and I could not have been out the door any faster. (Thanks Tammy for watching the kids after Tutoring). :) After throwing some things in a suitcase and making a pot of coffee, my good man and I hit the road to the Rock. His cousin is getting married tomorrow and I'm pretty excited about it really. I love weddings and I especially like helping and getting caught up in the excitement of everything!

This wedding could not have happened at a better time for me. I needed to get away from the ATL for a little while. There have been some very stressful things going on and I really needed to leave it all and clear my head. I was able to get off work on Monday as well, which is so nice. I love being in LR on Sundays...church and lunch with the family are two of my favorite things. Leaving in the afternoon and making it to Atlanta late late late on Sunday night when I have to work the next day is not.

After all of the events of the past week, I have realized a few things.
1. I am married to such a wonderful person. Really. He is such a good friend to people and he doesn't even realize it. I'm lucky to have him to lean on and keep my head on straight.
2. I work with amazing people. Bottom line. I'm thankful to have these people in my life right now. I am beginning to realize/understand that this job truly is part of the Big Man's plan. I get it now.
3. Sometimes, people really surprise me- for better or worse. 
4. Sometimes, I really surprise myself- for better or worse.
5. A hug can make my day.

Enough rambling for one night I think. I'm hitting the hay so I can be up bright and early to play with cute kids for a little bit, go to a Wedding Shower and then a wedding. Fun times!



No comments:

Post a Comment