Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Home Again, Home Again

Sorry I've been MIA for a while. We planned on staying in AR for a week but ended up staying for two instead. We did lots of fun things (like floating the Buffalo, helping with my Momma's wedding, shooting guns at my dad's house and showing Rooster off all over The Natural State- just to name a few) and we got to visit with a lot of folks. 

Even though we were really busy for parts of the trip it was so good to just  "be around" family. I loved being in town and actually getting to go to Garrett's shrimp boil birthday party. I like our life in Atlanta right now but I do miss being able to show up at my grandparent's house on a Saturday night for pancakes. I miss being able to go bowling with my cousin. I miss hanging out with my Dadio in the shop and picking the dried wood glue off the bottle (probably bothering the heck out of him) while he works. 

That's one of the great things about the summer I suppose. You can spend two whole weeks at "home" and get to do all of those fun things. 

My good  man took a trillion pictures of the trip but here are some of my favorites. I'll do a post later with more details and pictures from the Wedding because it deserves its own post.  


My mom, me, and Nana making cupcakes. 

This picture cracks me up!

My good man and I. 

Shootin'.

Rooster looks so little here!
Go ahead...laugh at us...but we didnt' know if he would be able to swim on the canoe trip. He hated the life jacket (and he could swim!) but we wanted to be safe. 
I know, I know. Ridiculous. 


The only picture I took at the river. Garret and Micheal playing with the dogs. 


Bowling. 

Kelsey, Micheal, and Gidget's head at Garrett's Shrimp Boil. 


Twins!

Adrienne and Garrett. 


Dadio and Rooster. 


All the "kids" at the Bowling party. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment