Sunday, July 31, 2011

Catching Up

This morning I got an email and "Inactive Blog" was in the subject line.  
It was from my dad and all it said was, "Beach report? Pictures of Rooster? Gripes about work?"

Point taken. I was gone for a while and busy around here when I got back. 

I made the trek to Tampa last week to visit one of my good friends and her two cute kids and then I drove to Orange Beach to visit with some family. I didn't take a lot of pictures but here we go...

We lived it up like true adults and the two of us went to Disney World! I was one of the few people in the world who had never been. I paid an insane amount of money for a one day ticket so we ran around like crazy to make the most of it. 


Here we are in front of the Magic Kingdom. 

In front of the cookie in the Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area. 

On the ant from Honey I Shrunk the Kids.
This is one of my all time favorite movies so I made sure we stopped. 


In front of the Voyage of the Little Mermaid show. It was probably my favorite thing that day and not just because it "rained" on you (which felt amazing because it was no less than 145 degrees that day.)

We also went to the beach one day and the water was beautiful.
Just as her husband was about to snap the picture her son chunked a handful of sand at us! 
I think these two pictures are so funny.

Laughing after the sand incident. 

Now we venture to Orange Beach.
I have done the beach things many many times in my life. I LOVE going to the beach but on this trip I learned that I have been doing it WRONG.

See those chairs?

See those umbrellas?

I cannot explain how nice it was to sit in that chair and read my book up off of the sand in the shade.

I'm a changed woman! I have seen the error of my ways. 

P.S. I've already informed my good man that we will be buying two of those chairs.

This is the only recent picture I have of Rooster. He's all curled up on some shopping bags in the floor. 

He grew out of his harness while I was gone. He still sleeps a lot but is about 1000 times more hyper when he is awake. We've been taking him on two thirty minute walks a day which help a lot. It is good exercise for us too. 

Work starts back tomorrow and I hope I don't have many gripes. :)



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very fun time!I am so so glad you got to go to DW. One of my favorite places. The other being the beach. We are just down the road from Tampa right now. However, I am missing my puppy like crazy. We skyped with her tonight but dogs apparently can't see screen images. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun trip! Rooster is adorable. Love sweet dogs. (:

    ReplyDelete