Sunday, April 3, 2011

Well, hello April

As of Friday at 4:00 PM...

 My Spring Break officially began. I'm sorry I haven't posted in two weeks and I know you have all been hanging on the edge of your seat. The week before Spring Break  is never easy (at least in the elementary school world). The kids need a break. The teachers need a break. Now throw in five days straight of rain- which means no outdoor recess-which means the kids have all of this extra energy on top of the energy that is already there for Spring Break and you get one exhausting week. 

That's okay though. Spring Break is here and my good man and I are hitting the road tomorrow morning to head home and I. can. not. wait. 

Last night I realized that I just might be a white-trash/ redneck and I am becoming more and more okay with that. Yesterday was a beautiful day in our neighborhood so my good man grilled up some cheeseburgers and I made up something sort of like an apple crisp for dessert. (Because when you live in the South you almost always have to have dessert after every supper. It is kinda like a rule.) 

Then we watched...wait for it...True Grit...while we sipped champagne. 

Oh yes we did. That is straight class right there. 

We found this at Publix and it just might be my new favorite. 


Who knew Barefoot made a moscato spumante Champagne? 

I just might have to find reasons to sip champagne more often. 

I'm off to put up some Easter decorations (because I'm a little bit white-trash/redneck, remember?) and then have dinner with some friends. 

It's safe to say that my Spring Break is in full swing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment