Well. My Saturday definitely seemed to start with things not going like I had planned.
Example 1: I was wide awake at 8:05. On my Saturday.
Example 2: I planned on bringing a peach and blueberry cobbler to a friend's baby shower this afternoon. I started to cut the peaches and realized that every single one of them was gross. Smooshy (is that a real word?) and tasted like each bite was filled with sand. Ick. I didn't have time to go the store so I quickly dug through the freezer to see what I could see. I found some strawberries in there and (after a quick call to my momma) found myself making a strawberry/blueberry cobbler. Honestly, it sounded weird to me. I wasn't sure how the strawberries would "hold up" in the oven. It was going pretty smoothly until I mixed the berries together.
Example 3: After the berries sat for a few minutes (while I made the topping) they became very very juicy. Can't use regular flour to thicken it up so I went to get some cornstarch.I guess I didn't screw the lid back on right the last time I used it because it came off and dumped puffs of cornstarch all over the place.
In the cabinet.
On the counter (and the floor that you can't see).
And in my hair.
I finally got it all cleaned up and assembled this crazy sounding cobbler.
I meant to take a picture after it was baked but I was kinda in a hurry since I had to end up washing my hair (due to the cornstarch incident).
It actually ended up tasting really good. I got several compliments and it was eaten up. Great success!
I didn't get a lot of pictures at the shower, but did snap some with a few people who might be happy to "make the blog."
It ended up being a really fun day, but my goodness it started off rocky.
Happy weekend!
yaaaay, we made it! and the cobbler was delish (from the person who does not like cooked fruit!)
ReplyDelete