Saturday, August 22, 2009

I'm Way Behind Again

So, I'm way behind on this again. Sorry about that. Once again, I'm way behind on calling people back... some of you are probably still waiting on your call. You will get it eventually.

As I always say on here, I LOVE my team of teachers. I would not have made it through these first 12 days of school without them. I also LOVE my new principal and would not have made it through without her. I know this sounds pathetic but knowing that someone has your back does wonders for you in the situation I am in. I keep trying to remind myself that this is NOT a normal situation and it is NOT one I want to be in forever. Some people have had a good way of phrasing it- practice for when I have a "real job."

I'm still enjoying our new house. Even though it needs a good cleaning... which I will do tonight... it is so great to be out of the apartment. It is great to have all of this room that we didn't have before. I love the back porch and the swing. I love the flower pots and plants we've got out there and I love the grill. Last week, our landlord offered us the upstairs part of the house at a reduced rate. Now, the upstairs is beau.ti.ful. Remember that the whole house was built in 1909 and the top part is so antique looking and fun. Seth and I both really liked it but it was out of our price range. And now... three months later... we could make it happen. It really only took about 2 minutes of talking about it to realize we wanted to stay on the bottom. Aside from the fact that thinking about lugging all of our stuff back up the mountain driveway into the top makes me sick, and that the utilities will be crazy high up there due to the tall windows, and the fact that we both have zero time to be moving again right now, we actually like it down here. We are finally getting settled in.

On a weird note, I woke up today completely ready for the fall. I can't wait for cooler weather and pumpkins and good smellin' candles. I'm also ready to go to a Fair. Every year this happens to me. I want to go to the Fair so bad and I get there and instantly remember that I always say I don't ever want to go back. All the same, something about eating all kinds of really good but really bad for you food and watching the Rodeo in ol'e Barton has pretty good memories for me. It makes me think of my dad and my siblings and cousins and Grandpa Bud. I do have a Fall Break this year and it happens to fall during the Arkansas State Fair time, so I just might have to see about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment