I'm a major Garth Brooks fan. Have been since the Alabama June Jam where my brave momma and dad drug all three kids to this outdoor country music festival in what couldn't have been any later than 1988.
Anyway. This love for Garth Brooks seeped into my early elementary world with a T-Shirt and a video taped copy of some concert that we watched about a million times screaming every single word to all his songs.
My dear friends... I'm kinda proud to admit that I sang Friends in Low Places in the second grade talent show. This happens to be the same talent show where they pronounced my name ka-ki (like the pants). But that's a different story for a different day.
My mom and dad made me change the lyrics to "Where the Pepsi drowns and the Root Beer chases by blues away" and I was so stinkin' frustrated at them for that. I get it now but I sure didn't understand why I couldn't say "whiskey" and "beer" in that show.
(P.S. LRL... do you remember looking up More Than Memory on YouTube in between our Facebook stalkings?)
Anyway, for the past 5 years I've made it known that I will see Garth Brooks in concert before I die. The problem was that he wasn't touring. Last week I heard that he was coming to Nashville and it was almost more then I could take. I mean, Nashville is only 3.5ish hours away and the concert is $25 and in December which is perfect and the very FIRST station I ever made on Pandora was "Garth Brooks!"
It's meant to be. My good man and I don't agree very much on music but we can agree on Garth. Callin' Baton Rouge gets sang on pretty much any trip we take. We are going to the December 19 show and I am soooooo excited!
Almost to the point where I feel kinda giddy and happy when I think about it. I've already warned my good man that he might see a new side of me and it might not be pretty. I plan on being one of those people who belts out that mysterious third verse to Friends in Low Places. Get ready.

haha! you crack me up! have fun at the concert!
ReplyDeleteGirl of course I do!!! I am so jealous that you are going!! Please have fun for me!!!
ReplyDelete