Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tuesday Tales

I wish I had something really cool and amazing to post today, but I really don't. I am pretty much the laziest person alive right now. Kicked back on my couch watching Rehab, eating a rice cake, seriously wanting a Diet Dr. Pepper. Some of you know about a situation I am facing at school with a child. A child who has a lot going on right now, including eight siblings with one on the way. The principal, counselor and I met with mom today and it went really well! I feel so sad for this family and all they are going through. I literally choked back tears. I'm kinda having a hard time deciding what I can do/should do as a teacher to help them. I know I can't solve all of their problems, but it sure is hard to sit back and watch. As a teacher, you are put it such a hard place sometimes. There is only so much you can do... it is not up to you to raise them. I'll tell you what though... as much as these kids drive me up the wall sometimes, I sure have gotten attached to them. Sorry that got a little heavy for a Tuesday night. Forgive me as I go back to my trashy T.V. ...

1 comment:

  1. I hate that for you! It is soo hard sometimes--you just want to raise them or fix it for them!! I am HOOKED on the Biggest Loser right now. This is the first season I have watched it...anywho I am going back to watching that now. (c:

    ReplyDelete